Originally posted June 16, 2010
Here are some helpful tips to making the most of your BlackBerry smartphone!
- Create a custom icon for BlackBerry Messenger v5.0 contacts
- Highlight the contact, press menu and show on home screen
- Delete multiple emails
- Highlight any email and hold down caps while scrolling up or down (then delete)
- To move to the last cursor position after you close and reopen a received email message or PIN message, press G
- In a message press the Shift key and the Space key to move up a screen. Press the Space key to move down a screen
- View the email address of a sender
- Highlight the sender name in an email and press Q
- Don't want to receive SMS or MMS messages?
- Go to Options>Security Options>Firewall. Check off SMS and MMS
- To view received messages press Alt I. To view sent messages press Alt O. Hit the back button to view all messages again
- Type "B" to go to the bottom or "T" to go to the top of your Messages list, or Space to skip a page
- Hold the ALT key and press the Right Shift key to lock caps when typing. Press the Right Shift key again to unlock
- To insert a period, press the Space key twice. The next letter is capitalized.
- To type accented/special characters, press and hold the letter key and slide your finger left or right on the track pad/trackball
- To capitalize a letter, press and hold the letter key until the capitalized letter appears
- To reply to all in an email message or a PIN message, press L.
- Hold the ALT key and press the Left Shift key to lock numbers when typing. Press the Left Shift key again to unlock
- To insert an at sign (@) or a period (.) in an email address field, press the Space key
- Ever have to dial a 1-800 number with letters using your BlackBerry?
- Hold ALT while typing the letters and dial
- To zoom in before taking a picture, press the Volume Up key. To zoom out press the Volume Down key
- Having trouble reading the text on your BlackBerry? Change the font!
- Options >Screen>Keyboard>Font Family
- When updating BlackBerry App World make sure to perform a reboot of your BlackBerry
- While listening to music in the media player hit N for the next track or P for the previous track